Smart-Cell collects certain personal information in the course of providing services to clients, but only for specific purposes. Personal information is collected for the following reasons:
- To provide quality service and maintain a commercial relationship with clients (for instance, some personal information is collected in order to set up and maintain client accounts, confirm client identity, and billing);
- To ensure the services we provide meet client needs (for instance, we maintain records of products and services used by clients);
- To effectively market our services (for instance, we analyze client use of products and services in order to more effectively meet client needs);
- To manage and develop our business practices (for instance, we collect and analyze information on service usage to determine when, where, and how to invest in additional services and support); and
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements (for instance, personal information may be retained by court order).
Smart-Cell will share personal information in some instances. However, any sharing of personal information by Smart-Cell is highly regulated and limited to specific circumstances:
- To assist us in providing products and services to best meet your needs (for instance, we will share personal information with someone who is an agent or a legal representative of a client, so long as we are satisfied that they have the authority to act as such);
- For credit related purposes (for instance, we may share personal information with credit bureaus or collection agencies to determine creditworthiness or to collect an outstanding account);
- For emergencies (for instance, personal information may be disclosed to a public authority if, Smart-Cell reasonably believes that imminent danger to an individual could be avoided or minimized by doing so); and
- Where the sharing of personal information is required by law.
Smart-Cell is constantly working to protect your privacy. Some of the ways in which we do so are:
- By maintaining strict information security governance protocols and safeguards including administrative, physical, and digital security controls. When working with other companies, Smart-Cell ensures that appropriate contractual means are employed to ensure privacy is maintained;
- Consistently and appropriately responding to requests for access to personal information by the client or their duly authorized agent; and
- Not disclosing personal information to marketers of third-party products for any purpose without your express authorization.
Smart-Cell also affords its clients the ability to make their own choices regarding their personal information. Smart-Cell works with our clients’ personal information only with the clients’ permission or as required by law. It is important to note that we will assume we have your consent to continue to collect, use, and disclose your personal information for the reasons identified in this Policy.